Student Health Services provides health care for full-time undergraduate students. Clinic services are provided by Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses, who work in collaboration with a consulting Physician. Health education for the campus community is provided by a Certified Health Education Apecialist and PAWS ( a student peer health education program). Nutrition counseling is provided in collaboration with dining services.
Services offered by SHS are covered by undergraduate tuition. You do not need to purchase the school health insurance plan in order to receive care at SHS. There are no office fees or co-pays for visits to SHS. However, you or your insurance plan may incur charges for additional medical services, including (but not limited to) lab tests, radiology tests, prescription medications, and ambulance transportation.
What We Do:
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness
- Evaluation and treament of injuries
- Non-routine gynecologic evaluation and treatment
- Testing, diagonosis and treatment of STI's (Sexually Transmitted Infections)
- On-site laboratory testing
- Pregnancy testing and support
- Asthma management and Nebulizer treaments
- Suture removal
- Ear irrigations
- Individual health counseling
- Referral to on-campus resources
- Referral to outside specialists and resources