CATHLEEN KINSELLA STUTZ
Assistant Professor of Education (1995)
Department of Education
Chairperson of the Department of Education
B.A., University of Pennsylvania; English, 1983
M.S., University of Pennsylvania; Education, 1983
Ed.D., Boston University; Education, 1995
Ph.D. Thesis Title: ” ‘The Soul of Life’: Literature, Moral Awareness, and Teaching”
Sample of Courses Taught
Undergraduate: Educational Psychology, Curriculum and Methods in Secondary Education, Secondary Practicum
Graduate: Teaching and Learning: Concepts and Models, Seminar in Literacy: Processes of Reading and Responding
Sample of Publications
- Stutz, C.K., and Tauer, S. “Instructor’s Resource Manual for ‘Those Who Can Teach.’” Ryan, K., and Cooper, J. 7th Edition. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, (1995).
- Stutz, C.K. “Instructor’s Resource Manual for ‘Those Who Can Teach.’” Ryan, K., and Cooper, J. 6th Edition. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, (1992).
Sample of Presentations
- “Teachers Academies: Energizing Teachers for Their Roles as Moral Educators” (with Kevin Ryan). Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development National Conference, Washington, DC, 1993.
- “Moral Awareness for Preservice Teachers” (with David Cappella). Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development National Conference, Washington, D.C., 1993.
- “The Promise of Teachers Academies for Character and Ethics Education.” (with Kevin Ryan). Association of Teacher Educators National Convention, Los Angeles, CA, 1993.
Other faculty for this department:
- Walsh, Elizabeth,
- Lea, Anthony,
- Keating, Christine,
- Fournier, Michele,
- Freeman, Helen,
- Estaphan, Helen,
- Dion, Kathleen,
- Danker, Anita,
- Arena, Frances,
- D’Souza, Lisa A.,
- Myers, Diane,
- Vander Hart, Nanho S.,
- Mulry, John M.,
- Lawrence, Cynthia,
- Koretz, Ellen,
- Kielbasa, Mary E.,
- Howe, Eric M.,
- Dionis, Chris,