ARLENE O. DEWITT
Assistant Professor of Marketing & Organizational Communication
Department of Business Studies
B.A., Elmira College; American Studies
M.B.A., Graduate School of Management, Clark University, 1987
Sample of Courses Taught
Undergraduate courses taught: Strategic Managerial Communications, Communication Theory, Internship in Business, Marketing Management, Consumer Marketing Behavior, Principles of Marketing, Management and Organizational Behavior
Tagaste Project: Prophets and Profits: Parallels, Divergences and Conflicts in Theology and Business Studies.
Graduate courses taught: Technical and Professional Communication Seminar
Co-founder of the Women’s Leadership Forum, Fall 2011
Sample of Publications
- “The UBS Diversity Case.” Understanding and Managing Diversity, C. Harvey and MJ. Allard, 5th Edition, Prentice Hall, publication date, 2011.
- “Song of the Open Road: Business Students Blog About Tacit Knowledge in Their Internships.” American Journal of Business Education, November 2010.
- “Socially Responsible Marketing.” Proceedings at the 36th Northeast Business and Economics Conference, Worcester, MA, November 6, 2009. With L. Dahlin.
- “Ethical Marketing.” Proceedings at the 34th Northeast Business and Economics Conference, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT, November 9, 2007. With L. Dahlin.
- “Another Perspective,” Global Business Today, Hill, 5th Edition, Irwin McGraw-Hill, 2007. Brief counter-intuitive applications of text concepts, Chapters 1-16. Co-authored with Jeanne M. McNett, Ph.D.
Sample of Presentations
- “Business Interns Document Tacit Knowledge in Their Web 2.0 Blogs.” 37th Annual International Conference on Improving University Teaching (IUT), University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria, July 25, 2012.
- “Disconnect: A Military General’s Communication Style Conflicts with the Organizational Culture and the External Political and Legal Environments.” Eastern Academy of Management 47th Annual Conference and CASE Association Annual Meeting, Suffolk University, Boston, MA, May 12, 2011.
- “Utilizing workplace interviews to empower business students with written and verbal communication skills.” 10th Association for Business Communication Europe and 2nd Global Advances in Business Communication Conference, Researching business communication: perspectives from scholarship, education and practice, Lessius University College and Universiteit Antwerpen, Antwerp, Belgium, May 28, 2010.
- “Socially Responsible Marketing.” 36th Northeast Business and Economics Conference, Worcester, MA, November 6, 2009. With L. Dahlin.
- “Learner-Centered Teaching in Business Communication.” Association for Business Communication Southeastern Conference, Atlanta, GA, March 20, 2009.
- “Uncovering Our Mission in Business Education at the Small, Catholic Liberal Arts College.” Seventh International Conference on Catholic Social Thought and Management Education, Business Education at Catholic Universities: Exploring the Role of Mission-Driven Business Schools, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, June 12, 2008. With K. Fisher, J. McNett. Served as the moderator.
- “Ethical Marketing.” 34th Northeast Business and Economics Association Conference, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT, November 9, 2007. With L. Dahlin.
- “Establishing the Connection: Tacit Knowledge in a Signature Pedagogy for Management Education.” 32nd International Improving University Teaching (IUT) Conference, University of Jaén, Jaén, Spain, July 2007.
- “Engaging and Empowering Management Students with the Theory, Skills and Confidence to become Effective Communicators in the Workplace.” Mid-Atlantic Organizational Behavior Teaching Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March 2007.