- Interning at RDW Group, Inc.
Name: Erin Vana
Hometown, State: Ipswich, MA
Internship Sponsor: RDW Group, Inc.
- Draft and revise news/event releases for clients
- Research events pertaining to Higgins Armory Museum, Worcester Art Museum, Fruitland’s Museum, and Reliant Medical Group
- Attend internal and external client meetings
- Prepare event blurbs to be published in local newspapers
- Develop media lists for releases and events
- Compose copy for billboards and radio spots
RDW Group, Inc. is a public relations and advertising agency located in Worcester, Providence, and Boston. As an intern here, I am fully submerged in the operations of the organization – interacting with clients and applying my written skills on a daily basis.
As an Account Executive Intern, I am practicing the skills and principles I have learned in my marketing major, as well as extending what I have learned in a classroom. An example of this is writing and communicating in a creative, concise way that targets specific audiences.
More specifically, I am working with a variety of clients, and as a result, I am experiencing all the factors that play a role in representing a client, from drafting and editing releases on a weekly basis to producing practice copy for advertising spots. With Reliant Medical Group, I participate in ongoing clientele meetings focused on the budget and media plan for the company’s 2013 fiscal year. I am also applying these same concepts to the marketing plans I am creating in my Marketing Management and Marketing on the Internet classes.
I discovered my passion for advertising and public relations during this internship experience, and I can now say for certain that this is the field I wish to pursue for my career.