Interning in the Assumption College Campus Recreation Office
Name: Liliana Jorge
Hometown: Warwick, RI
Major: International Business
Internship Sponsor: Campus Recreation, Assumption College
As a Marketing Intern for Campus Recreation, my primary responsibilities include:
- assisting with marketing for all sports areas, including intramurals, instructional programs, open recreation, and facility events
- developing and managing social media outlets and creating marketing strategies for the Campus Recreation website, portal, and IMLeagues
- collecting and organizing event photos and videos for promotional use
- developing marketing flyers for promotional purposes
- researching additional marketing methods to be utilized by Campus Recreation
- beginning development and incorporation of the College’s Catholic Mission into Campus Recreation
- writing biweekly articles that promote and inform Campus Recreation for the “Provoc”
Campus Recreation strives for a student-centered approach to recreational needs. As a student intern, I am able to incorporate a student perspective in bringing together the goals of Campus Recreation and the mission of Assumption College to develop my marketing skills.
Since such a high percentage of our population uses Campus Recreation, marketing is essential to creating a community here at Assumption. It all starts with promoting intramurals, events, and programs that will bring people into the facility. I had the opportunity to participate in event planning through the annual Health Fair and I have gained important communication skills by maintaining knowledge of all areas of Campus Recreation and relaying it to the entire campus.
I have also been able to incorporate skills that I have learned in my classes. Graphic Design has aided me in the production of posters and flyers and Marketing has aided me in everything from promotional strategies to the business writing I utilize in my “Provoc” articles.
Campus Recreation has a specific hierarchal structure and the “work hard play hard” culture is my favorite part about working there. I love interacting with everyone who takes part in running the facility and also the students and staff that use it on a daily basis. I also love the fact that I can actively participate in all of the activities I promote!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.