Interning with the Worcester Business Journal (WBJ).
Name: Kaitlyn Dussi
Hometown: Billerica, MA
Major: Marketing and Organizational Communication
Internship Sponsor: Worcester Business Journal (WBJ)
As an events and marketing intern, my primary responsibilities include:
- Contributing to special projects and high profile issues using various marketing channels
- Promoting and marketing the WBJ and its special events through social media, online invitations, and email blasts
- Communicating with employees and clients through email, mail, and personal calls
- Using software programs, such as Eventbrite and Mailchimp, to create online invitations to market events
- Entering important company information into the company’s software programs, Saxotech and Magazine Manager
- Assisting with multiple tasks at the same time
The Worcester Business Journal is a small company that supplies important business news to many businesses and decision-makers within the Worcester area. The company targets its products and services to senior executives in order support their business-to-business marketing model.
Interning at the WBJ has given me the opportunity to use my technical, marketing, and communication skills. I use Microsoft Word and Excel to create and organize spreadsheets containing information about clients. My main project is designing an event, through Eventbrite and Mailchimp, for the 2014 Information Security Summit for two of the WBJ’s clients. I contribute to this project with my marketing and written communication skills by developing marketing materials that are appealing to the eye, creating social media posts about the event, and communicating with potential attendees by giving them event information.
Being involved with event planning and marketing and experiencing the end product strengthens my work ethic that hard work pays off. I’m grateful to have this opportunity because it gives me real, hands-on projects and experience. This internship has taught me that building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and businesses is what truly drives business.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.