Interning with Assumption College’s Department of Athletics and Recreation
Name: Andrea Dillon
Hometown, State: Ayer, Massachusetts
Internship Sponsor: Department of Athletics and Recreation, Assumption College
My responsibilities include:
- Managing the Recreation Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Creating and implementng social media contests
- Writing articles for the Assumption newspaper that highlight all of Campus Recreation’s activities
- Creating posters for intramural events, club sports and facility announcements
- Photographing Recreation events
The Department of Athletics and Recreation handles varsity sports and recreational activities. I work primarily with the recreation portion of the department. Campus Recreation is committed to a student-centric approach to programming. The programs include: club sports, intramural activities and fitness programming. Recreational opportunities promote: a sense of community, student development through leadership and healthy active lifestyles for students.
In this all-inclusive environment, there is never a dull moment in the office – a new event to promote, new projects, or a new contest to oversee. When handling social media, creating posters and promoting recreational events, I have implemented many of the marketing skills that I learned in my Marketing Management class. I have experienced firsthand that multi-tasking, organizational skills and prioritizing tasks are critical to the smooth operation of all organizations.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.