Interning with RDW Group
Name: Maura Newey
Hometown: Maynard, MA
Internship Sponsor: RDW Group
- Conduct background research for clients such as the Higgins Armory, Reliant Medical Group and Worcester Art Museum.
- Participate in internal and client meetings.
- Work with clients to draft and revise news and event releases.
- Track and analyze media placements.
- Compose media lists for releases and events.
- Conduct research for client media outreach.
RDW Group is an integrated communications firm with offices in Worcester, Boston and Providence, RI. They serve a wide variety of clients ranging from healthcare and higher education to financial services and energy. All of the work that RDW Group performs embodies their “ Think, Work, Win” motto.
As an intern in the Worcester office, I have had the opportunity to work with the Higgins Armory, Worcester Art Museum and Reliant Medical Group. I have written many press releases for events sponsored by Higgins Armory Museum. I also wrote press releases about new doctors joining the practice at Reliant Medical Group. In addition, I have also worked with media sources tracking software to analyze media placements for the Worcester Art Museum.
I have applied concepts that I learned in my Public Relations class, such as composing media lists and writing press releases. I have heard concepts from my Marketing on the Internet class being referenced in the meetings I have attended.
My time as an intern at RDW Group has showed me all of the operational aspects of a communications business. This internship has also helped me realize that I am interested in pursuing a career in public relations or advertising.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.