Inerning with the Worcester Sharks
Name: Maria Apon
Hometown: Portland, ME
Internship Sponsor: Worcester Sharks (AHL)
- Generate raffles that will help the Sharks sales staff collect data on game days and at community appearances
- Work with corporate sales staff to ensure client satisfaction
- Help promote College Night
- Work with the Sales & Marketing team in increase attendance by the collegiate demographic
- Manage the lists of businesses and non-profit organizations receiving the promotional packages and work with account executives to track progress
As a sales/marketing intern at the Worcester Sharks, I have gained experience and insight into the production of a sports organization. The Sharks are a fast-paced environment with a very small staff, which allows me to work closely with many departments. I have drafted and reviewed sponsorship proposals, as well as used excel spreadsheets to track open and sold corporate inventory.
I attend every home game to work with account executives to ensure client satisfaction with season ticket holders. I work directly with fans and fundraisers which allows me to utilize my interpersonal and communication skills that I learned in my Sales Management class. In addition to working with account executives, I have also worked for the Sharks’ Kids’ Club where I sell Kid’s Club memberships, which promotes loyalty among our fans and helps to increase family ticket sales.
This internship has given me the experience I need in all aspects of the marketing field, including: sales, corporate partnership relations and public relations. I feel very prepared at my internship because of the foundation I have gained in my marketing classes such as: Sales Management, Advertising and Marketing Management.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.