Reunion 2009 -
June 5,6 & 7
Campus Store, Plourde Recreation Center, pool and d’Alzon Library will be open at various times throughout the weekend.
A Reunion Directory was produced for each class (and mailed in February) so you can get in touch with classmates.
When a class celebrates a reunion, classmates are encouraged to participate in the Reunion Class Gift (a gift to the Annual Fund or another College priority). Reunion classes strive for 40-50% class participation - some come in even higher! Past donors are encouraged to consider increasing their usual gift and those who have not given in recent years are asked to participate with a gift of any size to increase the participation level. The aim is to present the College with a Reunion Class Gift that reflects the enthusiasm of the class and their affection for Assumption College.
Remember, there can be tax advantages to making donations of appreciated securities, and corporate matching gifts count toward your class gift. This can be an easy way to double, or even triple, the impact of your gift.
Every gift - no matter what size - counts towards class participation! Reunion gifts may be made on-line by visiting www.assumption.edu/alums.
Reunioners will be housed in the Living/Learning Center. LLC is an air-conditioned suite-style, private-bath accommodation. (Class of 2004 will be housed in West Hall.)
What to Bring:
- Send names of requested roommates with paid reservation – all requests must match.
- If no request is received, a roommate will be assigned.
- Housing will be assigned on a first paid - first served basis.
- We supply: Sheets, pillowcases, towels, blankets, soap and an opportunity for you to reconnect with old friends and network with new friends! (Class of 2004 to provide their own bedding.)
- A bathing suit for a dip in the Plourde Recreation Center swimming pool, an alarm clock and your enthusiasm!
- Your digital cameras! E-mail us your photos after the event so we can post on your reunion Web site.
Schedule of Events (Tentative)
FRIDAY Night, JUNE 5, 2009
3 - 8 pm: Registration, Plourde Recreation Center
6:30 pm: Class Dinners - Reminisce with classmates! After dinner, all classes are invited to continue celebrating in Taylor Dining Hall.
- Class of 1959, Marriott Room, Taylor Dining Hall. Celebrate the Golden Anniversary of your graduation and be inducted as a Golden Greyhound!
- Class of 1964, Auditorium, La Maison Francaise
- Class of 1969, Atrium, Testa Science Center
- Class of 1974, Salon, La Maison Francaise
9 – 11 pm: Chocolate & Fruit Buffet with Entertainment - Enjoy a decadent buffet while mingling with other reunioners and enjoying entertainment in the lobby of the Maison
SATURDAY Morning, JUNE 6, 2009
8 – 10 am: Reunion Breakfast, Charlie’s, Hagan Campus Center
9:30 am: Reunion Seminar with Foundations of Western Civilizations program director, Professor Geoffrey M. Vaughan
9 am to 8 pm: Registration, Plourde Recreation Center
10:30 am: Campus Tour - A guided tour from the Chapel entrance will show the evolution of the campus, including the new Admissions House
11 am: Alumni Association Awards Ceremony, Hagan Campus Center Hall. Join us as we celebrate this year’s recipients of the prestigious Alumni Association Awards:
- Jack L. Bresciani ’72 Outstanding Alumnus/Alumna Award
- Fr. Louis Dion, A.A. ’35 Outstanding Achievement Award
- Honorary Alumnus/Alumna Award
Noon-2:30 pm: Family Barbecue, Charlie's Plaza - A fun-filled family day with activities to entertain the kids. This is by far our most popular event — for Reunion and Non-Reunion classes.
1:30 pm: Campus Tour - A guided tour will show the campus’ evolution including the new Admissions House.
2:30 pm: Tour the Testa Science Center - This $18 million facility features state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, and a rooftop greenhouse.
2:30-4 pm: Gym and Swim - An afternoon of fun at the Plourde Recreation Center. We’ll have games set-up for family fun and don’t forget to bring your swimsuit for a cool dip in the pool or workout on the great cardio equipment!
5 pm: Reunion Mass, Chapel of the Holy Spirit - Mass will be offered for living and deceased alumni. Priests wishing to con-celebrate should contact the Office of Pastoral Activity at (508) 767-7419. Listen to a special performance by the Alumni Choir.
6:30 pm: Class Dinners continue for 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, and 2004! Time to reconnect and reminisce! After dinner, all classes are invited to continue celebrating in Taylor Dining Hall with some great entertainment.
- Class of 1979, Taylor Dining Hall
- Class of 1989, Taylor Dining Hall
- Class of 1994, Taylor Dining Hall
- Class of 1999, Charlie's
- Class of 2004, Charlie's Patio
- Class of 1984, 25th Celebration Bash in Hagan Campus Center Hall. A special 25th Anniversary cocktail party and dinner!
9 to Midnight: Campus Mixer with Entertainment for all reunioners in Hagan Hall.
SUNDAY Morning, JUNE 7, 2009
8 - 10 am: Farewell Breakfast, Charlie’s - Come say goodbye over breakfast before returning home.
10 am: Mass, Chapel of the Holy Spirit
11 am: Golden Greyhound’s Brunch. Alumni who graduated in 1959 or earlier will gather in the Testa Science Center Atrium for a delicious brunch with special guest speaker Dr. Catherine Woodbrooks, Vice President for Student Affairs.
Golf, museums, jogging routes, etc., brochures will be available at registration or visit www.worcester.org for a complete listing.
Please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 508-767-7223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information, events, dates and times are subject to change.