What do each of the six categories offer?
- Definition gives a brief description
of a Lyceum, the origin of the word, the rules and objectives,
and a picture.
- Popularity is a category that
explains how Lyceums became popular through advertising
and who was responsible for this popularity.
- Speakers gives the names, backgrounds,
and specialties of a few popular Lyceum lecturers during the
mid ninteenth century.
- Topics gives a list of some of
the popular topics that Lyceum speakers spoke about.
- Responses are responses given
to lectures given at Lyceum halls. The responses come from both
personal diaries and newspaper articles.
- Resources lists the sources
of information used in creating the "Lyceum" section
of this web-site.
Return to Lyceum Main Menu